Friday, January 26, 2007







You would think the dancing statue would take top billing at the temple, but you'd be wrong. The real reason it attracts tourists is the temple is on the outskirts of the city up a hill a bit, so you get views of the unimpressive Kyoto skyline from the temple. Personally, I'd take the dancing statue, but unfortunately it didn't dance while we were there. Above is a sort of zen cemetery, stripped down memorial stones and wooden poles. I should mention at this point that I like to refer to photos as above, at right etc. but it seems like after I'm done composing an entry, the photos just move about at will and rarely correspond to my written description. I'll continue to do this, but just keep in mind that it will usually point you in the wrong direction. In this particular case, I'm hoping the reader can distinguish which of the pictures is the cemetery and which is the Kyoto skyline.

0 comments: