Sunday, January 14, 2007

11. Innsbruck




I remember when our family was planning

our first trip to Europe, and I was so excited about all the planning involved. I was trying to work out a trip covering about 30 countries in the two weeks available, which is not as easy as it sounds. But I remember that all the trip variations had to include Innsbruck; for some reason I had become obsessed with the place. Then one day, my intense trip planning was interrupted by a family announcement: my mother was pregnant and the trip would have to be cancelled. I was crushed, no Innsbruck! Well, for many years now I've had to view my little sister Aimee as if perpetually on a scale, her "charms" always being weighed against the loss of my Innsbruck fantasy. So it was with great relief that I finally made it to Innsbruck, and could judge for myself that, on balance, it was better to have had Aimee than the family trip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you finally forgave me for being born...even though you're never shy to remind me of the inconvenience I caused you with my birth!!
I think you should actually thank me...had i not be born you would have had to see Innsbruck with the fam--not quite as grand or fun as the trip you finally took!!

Somchai and Brian said...

Hi Pomme de terre tete! I put that comment in specifically to flush you out, see if you were lurking in the background. Cute name, but a bit hard on the typing fingers!

Anonymous said...

someone in the family had to forgive you Pomme. Don't worry, I don't blame you nearly as much as I blame mom and dad.