Saturday, January 27, 2007








Woke up very hungry after our micro-banquet the night before, and probably finished off a big bowl of salad for breakfast to fortify myself for our last Kyoto temple, Higashi-Hongan-ji. We stay in Kyoto a few more days but do day trips outside of Kyoto, so we stopped by this temple on the way to the train station. Somewhat bravely I must say, Somchai decides to take a drink from the liquid pouring out of the old dragon's mouth. I'm not sure what the sign next to him is saying. It looks like it's saying this is not a faucet, but that's obvious, so my best guess is it's saying DO NOT DRINK.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you think that might be what made him gay?

Somchai and Brian said...

A good theory, although I had my doubts about his straightness even before the Japan trip