Saturday, March 31, 2007




I worked Wednesday through Friday so Somchai was on his own during the day. Wednesday, he started at St. Paul's Cathedral, probably the most beautiful building in London. He then went to the Royal Court and Inns of Court, which are the ancient training ground for England's lawyers, and a really beautiful part of the city that for some reason is overlooked by tourists. According to Somchai he then continued walking and walking until he got to Hyde Park. (I'm not doubting him, but walking from St. Paul's to Hyde Park would be quite an accomplishment, and he looks at me like I'm insane if I suggest walking ten minutes to a nearby store rather than driving.) We then had dinner at Vong's, accross from Hyde Park. Vong's is another London outpost of a New York restaurant, although this is much better than Nobu. It's dark and intimate, with a crazy and tiny bar area and great Asian fusion food imaginatively presented.




Unfortunately Somchai didn't have his camera with him that day so a)he has no proof of his supposed trek across the city, and b) I have no photos to share. I've got a couple of photos from later in the trip with St. Paul's in them, so I'll post them here and we can all pretend Somchai took them when he "visited".

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must say this is a real professional piece of work - we love every pic of it :-) Monni, Mine-Mine & Pryce