Sunday, March 18, 2007

57. Koh Samui, Thailand Sept '00


I know you're all diligently tracking my every entry, wondering, when will he screw up? Well, you got me. As you're no doubt aware, the New Zealand trip was in October, so why is it being followed by a Koh Samui trip in September? The long answer has to do with the miracle of time travel, but the short answer is I temporarily lost the Samui photos, but they resurfaced just as the New Zealand part of the blog was finished and I'm not smart enough to figure out if there's a way to slot Samui in chronologically, so it will remain out of order forever, and when some aliens descend on earth millions of years from now and are trying to figure out our civilization, this blog will cause them to question whether September or October comes first in our calendars, and throw all their historical research in doubt forever. Sorry about that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have to say, i've been thinking about this for a while...i think you should be dating your posts with the dates during which you visited...ie, tokyo, august, 1998 or something like that...there's no sense of time. the only dates we get are the dates you post to the blog, which aren't particulary helpful.

omg, my longest post yet! go sanjaya.

Somchai and Brian said...

I have to say, were you drunk when you wrote this sanjaya? I ask only because your comment is sitting under giant orange leters saying Koh Samui, Sept '00. I date each trip exactly as you suggest, but only the initial post. I think what you don't like is the dates on each post, which are the dates I write the posts, which I agree is annoying. But unfortunately that's automatically generated by blogger and I don't think I can disable it.

Anonymous said...

of course, you haven't been swept up in the phenomenon that is sanjaya, because you don't get american idol.

i think you would really enjoy him