Tuesday, May 8, 2007





As the day was drawing to a close, we had seen only a small fraction of my intended sightseeing itinerary due to my crappy navigating. I then compounded the error by taking a wrong turn shortly after leaving Arcos de la Frontera, which sent us west to the Portuguese border rather than east toward home. After two hours of going in completely the wrong direction, I finally realized the error, and we corrected course, adding about five hours of driving to the day. As an added bonus, we did get to drive by Gibraltar, that big rock thing pictured above. Couldn't see much other than that it was an enormous rock. It's self-evidently an important rock since Spain and England have been fighting about it for a long time, but from a distance it just looked like a rock. I also decided that I would no longer use maps to navigate, but since our sightseeing targets seemed to sit atop big rocks, Somchai could just drive from rock to rock and we'd be in much better shape.

0 comments: